A Long History of Environmental Consciousness
- Landfill Waste Gas: We were the first local company to take advantage of landfill waste gases to help drive our Fort Wayne asphalt plant.
- Recycled Concrete: We use as much recycled concrete as possible for aggregate base on paving projects, passing on cost savings to customers while reducing landfill usage.
- Steel slag: Steel slag is a by-product of the steel mills that, when we combine it with traditional RAP and a small percentage of virgin binder, produces a very high quality and great looking surface for our customers.
- Recycled Shingles and Materials: We have used processed shingles, rubber and glass to reduce the consumption of finite virgin natural resources as well as reduce our reliance on foreign oil.
- Lower Energy Use: Finally, we produce warm and cold asphalt mixes which significantly lower our energy consumption as well as plant emissions, making us a better environmental steward.
Take a look at some pictures from the Grand Opening of our HyRAP plant!